Monday, June 22, 2015

It's Summertime

Summer is here, admittedly not my favorite season, but fun, none the less. My only problem with it is summers get too hot in Oklahoma. But, it's nice to get outside and breathe the air, watch the clouds lazily drift by and ... wait a minute! I'm regressing back to my memories of summer vacation. Oh yeah, I lived for summer vacation. Freedom. Freedom to invent new games like golf with a baseball bat or making music with coffee cans. I loved to play moon landing in the newly overturned dirt of my mother's garden. I drew comic books and created radio plays on my cheap little tape recorder, anxious to come up with a story from some genre I hadn't explored yet.

Summer was a magical time when I could do anything because the only person I had to please was me. I tended to like just about anything I did, too. Good audience, I must say. Oh yeah, I had a TV show that followed my daily life, complete with a stage audience. I loved doing the monologues. Pull that one off, reality TV!

I don't remember it being as hot, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment